An iMedia graduate and former online editor at The Times-News, one of my former internships, hosted this session and did an outstanding job. I had met Alex Kreitman previously at Elon but it was nice to see him again since he moved down to Charleston.
After giving a brief overview of how Facebook and Twitter is used for breaking news, weather and traffic alerts and using blogs, he moved on to professional pages. This is something that I have always debated having and I worried about what I would be posting. Now that I am about to be leaving Elon and I’m leaving The Pendulum in just a few weeks I realize now I should have done this earlier. A professional page adds a personal touch to you and your organization, and they can be used to help each other. Look for mine soon.
If you have a professional page you should be:
- Posting at least five times a day
- Add other elements including youtube videos and ask questions
- Your main focus should be getting likes in the beginning
- Be sure to cross promote with your organization
- Always responding to posts
- Be a friend and not a business